Friday, November 23, 2012

A bit of this and that.

The day after Thanksgiving and it is cold and dreary.  I certainly don't envy those crazy people who spent all night and are at it again buying stuff that they think they have to have for Christmas.  I have never ventured out for Black Friday and don't plan on starting anytime soon.

I don't know if Daisy is feeling bad or it is just the weather but, she is curled up on my bed like she is sick.  She didn't eat much of her morning food.  She usually gobbles it down and scrounges around on the floor to see if I dropped a crumb or two.  She was spayed Monday, so that may be part of it.

I am currently reading Hitmail Dot Com by Russell Turney.  It is different from anything I have ever read before that I can remember.  It has evil spirits and psychics, among other weird things.  It is taking me a while to read it because it is slow reading.  I am only about half way through it.  And it is getting complicated but, I think I am following what the author is saying.  I guess I will know if my hunch is right when I finish it!

I finished reading the Bible through in a year (actually, I started on January 1st of this year) this morning.  One verse spoke to me this morning.  It is what I have said often over the last few years.  Isn't it funny and yet awesome how God works?  This is what I read: "He (God) will wipe away every tear from their eyes.  There will be no more death, sadness, crying or pain.  All the old ways are gone."  Revelation 21:4 NCV  Are you ready for that day?  I know "I will be somewhere listening".

Family and others.  I know they mean well when they try to convince me to move to town.  I wish they could understand how happy I am finally!  I love being back home and believe this is truly where I belong.  I love sitting outside and watching nature.  I got the biggest kick yesterday while sitting outside watching the leaves in all different colors "raining" down all around me.  If the leaves had been actual rain, I would have been soaked!  The entire time I was living in town, I never felt comfortable/safe to sit outside.  I felt safe inside behind locked doors but, not to sit outside for any length of time.  Why can't people get that if I die here, I will die happy in the place I want to be.  I pray the next address for my body will be @ Mt. Carmel Cemetery!

I am hoping to find a carpenter who won't want an arm and leg to replace the eaves of the house next month.  I will start Monday calling and getting price quotes.  I really have no idea what a fair price would be.  Guess I will know more when I get a couple of quotes.

Sharon and Doug sent me a check to pay for the shingles shot.  I may try and get it next week if I am feeling better.  This crud still has me having fits of coughing.  The cough sounds terrible, but don't think I am contagious.  Hope to make it to church Sunday if the weather will cooperate.  I feel like it has been a month since I have been and I only missed one Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment