Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Year New Goals

As a rule I don't make "New Year's Resolutions" because I almost always break them.  This year, instead of "resolutions", I have set a few goals.
I recently joined an online book club.  I have always loved to read, but don't always spend time on reading.  This book club looked like a good way to motivate myself to read more and spend less time in front of the computer. I have set a goal of 100 books to read this year.  This club's members share their goals and what they are reading and what they rate the books they have read.  It is a good way to learn about authors I haven't read.
Another goal I have set is to read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation this year.  I have come close a few times, but Satan always seems to put road blocks in my way.  Not this time!  With God's help I will finish this year.
One more goal I hope to achieve is to pay off some of my larger bills.  I have one I should pay off in May.  Then I can concentrate on paying some of the others off.  Like I have told a few people, some of my debt was brought on by bad choices on my part and others thrust upon me by circumstances I couldn't control.
I have not been making cards or jewelry lately.  I hope once I get some bills paid off, I can afford to buy some new jewelry supplies.  I really want to try my hand at memory wire.
I hope I can do some festivals this year if I can find someone willing to help me.  We will see how it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment