Sunday, May 1, 2011

April 26 - 27, 2011 Tornado

Late Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning I woke up to thunder and lightening.  Then it got very quite and still.  Suddenly I heard a loud roar followed by a crash and the roar got louder.  Pearl was asleep beside me and woke up and jumped on me trying to get away from the sound.  I knew what I was hearing was a tornado.  I put my leg on and told Pearl we needed to move away from the windows.  I went in the living room and got as far from the windows as I could without going in the laundry room.  I did pull a chair in there just in case I needed it.  A few hours later when it seemed like everything was over, I went back to bed.  A couple of hours later, Liz and the boys were banging on my front door and yelling.  I got up and went to the door.  When I opened it, Liz, Brady, Peyton and Adam were standing there shaking.  My yard was destroyed.  I was totally blocked in because of fallen trees.  Liz and the boys had managed to climb over the trees to check on me.  She said their yard was bad, too.  But, no real house damage for either of us and we were all still alive.
I had known when I heard one of the crashes that it was a tree that belonged to my neighbor.  I thank God it snapped off where it did or it would have landed in my house.  This guy knows he has several trees next to my yard that need cutting.  He hasn't done it yet and it has been years.  The tree took out my storage shed.  I will need to go through and see if anything can be saved.  Some of the stuff is Liz's and Chris has stuff in it too.





No comments:

Post a Comment