Friday, August 26, 2011

Inventory Oh Joy Joy!

I am slowly but surely going through each item I have made and listing  it on my inventory document and attaching a tag with item # and price to each item to correspond with info on the document.  I should have been doing this all along.  Then it wouldn't be such a pain.  I am doing this now because I am in hopes of putting some items in a shop in Texas (I live in Louisiana).  I also am still hoping my friend will come out and take some to sell when his group (The Southern Plainsmen) is on the road.  I know he is super busy trying to find 2 new singers. I need to nudge him again so he won't forget me.
It is still super hot and dry here even after the rain we had earlier in the week.  It could rain day and night for several days before the ground and lake would get enough.
I am working on the mini cards for Sampler's Market.  I want to finish them soon so I can concentrate on making some for my shop.
It's hard to believe this year is almost over.  This has been a stressful year for me in so many ways.  My nephew moved out and in with his girlfriend.  They had a baby boy on May 12th.  Layton Jordan weighed 10 #'s 8 oz.  And ofcourse I think he is beautiful.  I haven't got to see him lately and that saddens me.  I love babies.
Having my closest friend die has really been hard on me.  It still seems so unreal.  I keep expecting her to send me a funny e mail.  You know the kind that makes you laugh out loud even after you have send it on to someone else when you think about it.  Or have her call and say "Pay Attention!" which she would do when she was about to deliver some news or ask a question that she really needed me to answer.  We had so much fun as teenagers going to a movie or just running over to Natchitoches to eat at our favorite restaurant.  Back when we were both able to get around without any problem we would got to Chinese restaurant that this great waitress.  She knew us and even though she never wrote our orders down she always got them right.  Not many like her anymore.  That place is no longer a restaurant.  But, we found another one that we frequented a lot.  Mama, Effie, Evelyn and I went often until Mama could no longer get around.  After she died, the three of us went a few times.  I haven't been in a while.  John and I would go sometimes when we needed to get out of the house before he and Angie met.
The last few years have dealt me some pretty hard blows but God has been with me through it all.  I know that nothing that has happened is a surprise to Him  even though I scratch my head and try to make sense of some of it.  Guess when I get to Heaven it will all make sense and if not it won't matter anymore.
Psalm 118:24 This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment